Once upon a time I had I voluminous site called Chicken Soup For the Soulless, founded in late 1999. It lasted for a while as my official author site, and had a ton of free writing on it. Over the years I got more involved in actually being an author–and editor, and father–and around 2008 or so I kinda abandoned my old site. After heckling from D. Harlan Wilson I relaunched on WordPress (hat tip: Steven Archer for suggesting WP).
One thing I never did in all that time was set up a proper shop, though. That has now been rectified. While the selection is currently limited it will expand rapidly. In the meantime here are some features that should make your shopping experience easier:
- Integration with your existing accounts so you don’t need to remember anything new. Just log in using Amazon, Facebook, Instagram, Google, LinkedIn, Microsoft Live, Twitter, or Yahoo.
- Accepted forms of payment included credit card, Paypal, and money order.
- Click on the tab at the bottom of the store for a nice discount code.
- Certain product pages have individual discount codes specific to those products.
- We are almost fully set up to send a portion of ALL proceeds to charity. Stay tuned for details.
- Don’t forget to sign up for the shop newsletter, which will include more discounts and tons of freebies.
Please let me know if you encounter any difficulties in the shop, or have any suggestions. Thanks! Hope to see you over at http://chicken-soup-for-the-soulless.myshopify.com/