Taipei Artist Village
Artist-in-Residence Taipei is managed by the Department of AIR, Taipei Culture Foundation and operates in two places, Taipei Artist Village and Treasure Hill Artist Village.
Secluded by a serene garden, with vibrant Taipei City as a backdrop for creativity, Taipei Artist Village provides freedom and opportunity for innovation in the making of visual art, music, literature, and performance art and fosters artistic and cultural exchange between Taiwan and the rest of the world.
Based on the concept of “symbiosis”, Treasure Hill Artist Village is dedicated to planting the roots of artistry at the local level, forming a setting where the environment, art and community converse, and providing artists with a space for living and working that is integrated with concern for society.
- Residency Length: 8-12 weeks
- Average number of artists in residence at a time: 10
- Number of artists accepted in most recent year: 50
- Total applicant pool in most current year: 500
- Application type: Open application
- Collaboration: May apply as a team
- Geography: Open to US artists, Open to non-US artists
Additional eligibility information:
Artists-in-residence must be able to converse in English. Students are not eligible to apply.
- Application deadline: June 04
- Application Ongoing: Yes
Past Residents & Quotes
Facilities & Services
- Housing: Private housing (individual apartment/cabin/house)
- Meals: No meals/food provided
- Computer/internet access: Computer and internet connection provided in common area (shared), Wireless Internet, Ethernet provided in living or studio area
- Companions: Spouses/partners allowed for full stay
additional charges for Spouses/partners and children
- Accessibility: housing/grounds/studios are accessible
- Studios/special equipment: Dance / Choreography, Digital media, Exhibition / Installation, Music studio (non-recording), Painting, Photography (digital), Photography (non-digital), Theater