Dog Star Books and Raw Dog Screaming Press authors and editors J.L. Gribble, John Edward Lawson, and K. Ceres Wright will appear at Balticon this weekend. Their programming schedules are extensive and varied. Check the listings below for information regarding readings, panels, signings, workshops, socials, and more. We hope to see you there!
OTHER CRUCIAL INFO
Parking: an area expert has informed me that the hotel parking is quite poor. Instead, the parking at 400 East Pratt is recommended. For a map and online reservations visit https://www.lazparking.com/local/baltimore–md/400-east-pratt.
Topics: have something you’d like to see discussed on the panels listed below? Leave a comment and I’ll see what I can do!
Harassment Policy: the Balticon harassment policy can be viewed at http://bsfs.org/policy.htm.
Awesome: you’re awesome regardless of whether you can make it to the event or not! Want some other way to show your support? Please consider sharing this event with others. Thanks!
Other things to do: if the 300 hours of programming offered by Balticon aren’t enough, or if your friends and family need something to do while you attend the convention, the Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel is located in the middle of Baltimore’s Harborplace where you will find restaurants, shops, nightclubs, museums, the National Aquarium, and more.
• The Blurring of Genre Borders (panel) J.L. Gribble
• Freelancing in the Publishing Industry (panel) John Edward Lawson
5pm Introduction to SFF Poetry (panel) John Edward Lawson
6pm There’s No Such Thing as Apolitical Fiction (panel) John Edward Lawson
8pm Microfiction and Micropoetry (panel) John Edward Lawson
10am Effective Marketing for the Self-Published Author (panel) John Edward Lawson
11am Running a Small Press (panel) John Edward Lawson
12pm Afrofuturism 101 (panel) K. Ceres Wright
• Broad Universe Rapid-Fire Reading (J.L. Gribble)
• Readings: Diverse Writers and Artists of Speculative Fiction (John Edward Lawson, K. Ceres Wright)
2pm Slash of Our Ancestors: A History of Fanfic (panel) J.L. Gribble
• Autograph session with J.L. Gribble & Jay Smith
• Diverse Writers and Artists of Speculative Fiction (DWASF) Meet & Greet (John Edward Lawson, K. Ceres Wright)
9pm Writing Psychological Horror (panel) K. Ceres Wright
• Alternate History: Creating Stories by Changing the Past (presentation) J.L. Gribble
• Yourself and Someone Unlike You: Why Representation is Good for Everyone (panel) John Edward Lawson
2 pm Readings: John Edward Lawson, Starla Huchton, Charles Gannon
4 pm Fandom Trolls and How to Vanquish Them (panel) J.L. Gribble
5pm Diversity Readers and Why You Need Them (panel) John Edward Lawson
7pm Readings with J.L. Gribble & Paul E. Cooley
• Long Live the King: The Success of Black Panther (panel) John Edward Lawson
• Taking Off the Training Wheels: Fanfic to Original Fic (panel) J.L. Gribble
9pm Tales From the Slush Pile (panel) John Edward Lawson
10am Writing Compelling Villains (panel) J.L. Gribble
11am How to Keep Writing After the Workshop (panel) J.L. Gribble